Velvet Moon Candles
Velvet Moon Candle Company uses premium natural soy formulated to create a velvety smooth base with superior aroma. All their candles are made with USA grown soy and wooden wicks that burn clean from beginning to end. The wicks are made of patented composition from natural, responsibly harvested soft wood right here in the USA.
Size: 8 oz.
I've never had a wood wick candle before! What do I need to know?
Now that you have your candle, it’s time for the best part—lighting up and enjoying its beautiful flame. Here are our tips for optimal burning.
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″ before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Wooden Wicks do need a little attention and tending to before each burn, similar to cotton wicks. Be sure to gently snap off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low or too high, it may be necessary to blow out the candle and tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick (wait till it's cool of course!). The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Be very careful not to let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle.
- Extinguish candle when ½” of wax is remaining.
- Do not burn candle more than 2-3 hours at one time.
- Follow all candle safety guidelines printed on the bottom of your candle.